Flexible Pharmacy Consulting seeks a nurse for an approximately 3-month part-time on-site project in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania. The need (as currently defined) involves conducting audits and training of medication technicians and nursing staff related to medication storage, ordering, administration and labeling in an Assisted Living Nursing Facility environment.
– Monday / Wednesday / Friday – 12 PM – 8PM
– Approximately 24 hours per week
– Monday/Friday shift times are the most critical to work with staff. Wednesday hours may need to adjust to coincide with facility QA Meeting (1 hour).
– If your availability will not allow for the proposed schedule, please apply and explain. There is a possibility we will utilize more than one pharmacist to fulfill the role.
– On-site consulting. This is not a remote job.
• Conduct audits and training of Medication Technicians and nursing staff related to medication storage, ordering, administration and labeling.
• Coordination and communication with provider pharmacy.
• Cart-checking, Medication Storage Inspections, Medication Pass Observation, QA report and meeting attendance, as requested or required by regulation or best practice.
• Additional services as requested by the facility being serviced.
– Knowledge of laws/regulations, plus specifically long-term care settings
– Experience with various Facility E-MAR and pharmacy new Rx and refill ordering systems. Must quickly adapt, if necessary.
– Ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team (will work in concert with facility management and provider pharmacy)
– Licensure for the state of practice
– Experience working with prescribers and nurses or medication technicians to help them learn and use electronic medication ordering systems.
– Experience performing Medication Regimen Reviews (MRRs) in an SNF (nursing home) or Assisted Living setting
– Knowledge of pharmaceutical care practices for long term care residents.
**PLEASE ATTACH RESUME IF POSSIBLE (or email to us after you submit and receive submission acknowledgment)**
**iPhone USERS: We have had attachment failure issues with iOS! PLEASE ALSO EMAIL RESUME to firstname.lastname@example.org**