Flexible Pharmacy Consulting seeks a pharmacist for clinical consultant pharmacist role for staff audits and training, and potentially Medication Regimen Reviews in a Skilled Nursing Facility (nursing home) in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania.
– As much as 3-5 days per week, for a total assignment of around 3 months.
– Provide Consultant Pharmacist and related services, as needed
– Primarily on-site consulting. This is not a remote job.
• The primary function is to perform Medication Regimen Review (MRR) chart reviews:
• Evaluate physician medication orders for appropriateness of drug, dosage, potential interactions, route of administration and stability. Makes recommendations for therapy changes to the physician and facility staff as appropriate.
• Review the drug regimen and clinical indicators of each resident as assigned at least monthly and reports any irregularities to the Director of Nursing, Administrator and the attending physicians with a written report of findings and recommendations.
• Document all communication with physicians, nurses, other members of the healthcare team and patients/residents and their family members.
• Knowledge of pharmacy laws/regulations, plus specifically long-term care settings
• Knowledge of nursing home
• Ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team.
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical care practices for long term care residents.
• Cart-checking, Medication Storage Inspections, Medication Pass Observation, QA report and meeting attendance, as requested or required by regulation or best practice.
• Additional services as requested by the facility being serviced.
• The date of monthly consulting is something that you coordinate with the facility management but generally performed during weekdays, with some latitude.
– Active Licensure(s) in the state of practice.
– Experience performing Medication Regimen Reviews (MRRs) in an SNF (nursing home) or Assisted Living setting
– Consulting software ownership or similar system of report capability is preferable, but we also have templates you may utilize.